Inserting flake shapes in Krita

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Nov 19 10:13:27 CET 2009

On Thursday 19 November 2009, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Yes, we did. Though since then most of the problems with this have be
>  fixed, so I'm not sure if that decision is still valid. Also the code
>  creating the layer wasn't removed either. If we still want to change this
>  I'm fine with it, but then we have to stick to it.
If I remember correctly, the main reason to remove that behaviour was
usability wise. It is also not very consistant with how krita behaves
otherwise, i.e. painting with a paint tool on krita do not create a new paint
layer.

I suppose the idea of the layer creation was to have better discoverability.
An idea for a replacement, if we really think that discoverability is an
issue, would be to show a popup menu with {"create shape layer", "cancel"}
when someone want to insert a shape on a non-shape layer.

--
Cyrille Berger