Image formats

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:19:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I added bitmap spraying support to the spray and we discovered this:

http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2009-April/005910.html
Cite:
> However, KDE 4 has such a plugin. If you run your application in a system
> where KDE 4 is installed, your Qt application will automatically use the
> TGA plugin provided by KDE.
>
> Other formats supported by the KDE plugins include EPS, DirectDraw
> Surfaces (.dds), OpenEXR (.exr), JPEG 2000 (.jp2), PCX, Photoshop files
> (.psd), GIMP files (.xcf).

So we are able to load xcf, psd files and spray them. Thanks to the KDE.

My Krita can't open those files now. It stacks/crashes. I heard we plan to drop
Graphics Magic, is that true?

We could implement KDE way to load that images at least when GraphicsMagic is
not available. What do you think?

Enki stated that we need better support then the KDE gives (layers, etc..) for
future.

Just wanted to let you know :)

Lukas