New feature for review

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:46:25 CET 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 20:41:30 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 02 November 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > A more complicated alternative to do that would be to show an "on-canvas
> > editor" (I think we discussed that in the past), so pressing "shift"
> > would show some handles for size, softness, spikes, rotation, and then
> > the user would click on the handle and move it. The advantage of the
> > editor approach is  that it solves the issues of the different
> > behaviours, as well as giving visual clue even if the user do not use the
> > outline mode.
>
> I'm not sure this answers to the same users' need as Lukas' patch: when I
> quickly want to change the brush size, I'd prefer to have as little
> distraction from other options or decorations on screen as possible.

I commited the patch that adds the Shift+drag changes the paintop size to
trunk. I started to patch all paintops.

So far deform, spray, sumi, chalk and grid brush works.
Problems:
* I change the GUI and it triggers the preview repaint so there is little slow
down at the beginning. I don't know how to fix it. What I can imagine is to
turn of the connection of the signal and slot and then connect it again? I
made brush outlines for all the paintops so that you can see the size change.

* I want to use RasterOP_XOR for brush outlines and it gives black square in
OpenGL canvas. Maybe it is Qt bug, maybe we setup the canvas wrong, maybe I
setup the painter wrong in the setting object in the paintop. Check the bug
with spray.

Other paintops work and are implemented more general so it is harder to get
it. I prepared the patch for the autobrush:

http://lukast.mediablog.sk/patches/auto-brush.patch

So far it works.The outline is ugly because of non-functional
KisBoundaryPainter.

Boud proposed for other brushes in the dialog generic way:
Introduce factor which will scale the brush in the same manner as the pressure
does.

Is this patch acceptable for the autobrush so far? Can I commit?