Quick Sketch Palette : Need help

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun May 10 15:06:38 CEST 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009, Vera Lukman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to make a widget for Krita that enables the user to easily
> access their favourite brushes. The user has to save/store their favourite
> brushes to 'Palette' first to make use of this widget by clicking 'modify
> palette' button. The question is: where should I put this button? I have
> come up with several ideas, and I would really appreciate it if anyone can
> tell me which is the best idea. Other ideas are welcomed as well (I am sure
> you can come up with better ideas than me). Please go to
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Quick_sketch_Pallete#Current_
>Concern.28s.29 to see my current ideas.

I think it would be most comfortable to have the button next to the preset
combobox. In krita trunk, there are two comboboxes next to each other: the
first selects the brush engine, the second selects a preset (that is, a set
of settings for a brush engine). Next to that, a button "add to palette", and
then make it possible to remove an entry from the palette by dragging it
should be most comfortable, I think.

Boudewijn