On-canvas preview of the brushes

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:03:11 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 05 May 2009 19:04:38 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Friday 01 May 2009, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There are some nice commits from Cyrille in trunk about the preview of
> > the brush on the canvas. So far it is little buggy. When you select the
> > Pixel Brush and select the diameter e.g. 25 and try to paint, you will
> > get the wrong result.
>
> I have fixed that problem now.
>
> Thinking about code duplication, would be worth to introduce
> KisBrushBasedPaintOpSettings to contains the code for
> paintOutlineRect/paintOutline to avoid duplication.

Yes, now it nicely works for Pixel Brush. There is bug which leaves some
pixels from the outline on the canvas til the time you somehow refresh the
canvas  (turn on and off the layer visibility (eye icon))

I commited some code for deform brush. For deform brush I need just
paint the circle with radius. If Cyrille could fix the code for the deform,
I would helped me much. I still don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I looked at KisBoundaryPainter::paint method but I don't get why it works
there and does not work in deform brush.