Mipmapping for canvas. Ideas and comments.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jul 23 13:00:56 CEST 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, C. Boemann wrote:

> > > my vote is for neither. make a kispaintdevice kinf of thing that uses the
> > > tile system but without all the painting overhead
> >
> > In such a case, color conversion will be done after mipmapping and for
> > every zoomlevel seperately?
> yes when creating the prescaledprojection you would also do the color
> conversion.

There are two sides: only color correcting the scaled pixels will be a lot
cheaper, but I'm not sure whether that will give visible artefacts.

In any case, I'm not officially getting confused myself about mipmapping the
projection... I'm fine with either doing it in krita/image and using KisPaintDevice,
or doing it in krita/ui/canvas, and using QImage-based tiles (like the opengl
canvas does already).

Boudewijn