krita 2.0 in four thousand words

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:17:51 CET 2009

Good summary - I'm not familiar enough with the project for fact checking,
but I will say that the article gives me some hope for Krita - I've been
wanting to play with 16 bpp images lately, and had even gotten to the point
of thinking about shelling out for photoshop - but if Krita 2.0 isn't *that*
far off, I might wait for it...

Stylistically, I might suggest that you pump up the ending of the article a
bit - you start out with all of the wonderful new projects going on - but
end up by talking about all the things that were dropped, and how the 2.0 UI
isn't as good as the 1.6 UI...  The reader doesn't necessarily go away with
a good feeling about Krita...

Maybe finish up with a recap of the coolest new features in 2.0?  Maybe even
an estimate of a release date?  ;-)

Warren