Patch for KCurve and KisPerChannelFilter

Дима Казаков dimula73 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:16:01 CET 2009

> Yes, it is. Well, actually, the problem is that we filter a layer in the
> layer
> stack, not the final image. So we cannot take the projection and filter
> that
> (we could do that, as an optimization, in the case where there's only one
> layer), but have to filter the layer, recomposite and redisplay.

Now i see.

> We don't have something like a pyramid representation of layers (yet)

Emm.. Can i read about that pyramid anywhere?

> where we could filter at the zoom level nearest to the actual zoom level.
> That would be
> one solution, sort of.

Why do we need many thumbs? And why filtering the nearest one? Why not have
only two layer representations: original and current zoom level? Zoomed copy
could (?) be used by projection (keeping in mind interpolation).

> What is present, but isn't used atm (because there was a big problem and I
> have to redesign this class), is setting a region of interest on the
> projection; this would mean that for preview, only the visible part of an
> image is filtered, recomposited and redisplayed.

I guess it's not very useful for filters as most of them work on the whole
image (i don't speak about tools). In Krita1.6 we had an ability to see
scaled down output of filter in it's dialog. I could add one more complaint
about that=) It was quite bad :)

--
Дима Казаков