Dyna brush as tool?

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:00:33 CET 2009

Hi,

I have implemented Dyna brush as paintop lately and I added support
for drawing various "primitives" to it like circles, polygons, line strips and
line wire.

I feel that dynabrush is much more tool than brush engine. It can nicely
simulate "mouse pressure" which can be mapped to acceleration (I do
this with line strips...try it to see it :) ), or maybe velocity. And I think
other paintops mapped to dyna would give nice results.

Sumi-e has mouse pressure, but it gives not very useful results.

E.g. inkscape uses dynabrush for it's calligraphy tool.

What do you think about it?

PS: BUILD_EVERYTHING is needed when compiling Krita, dyna is in trunk,
but not compiled by default.