krita junior job

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Dec 13 14:53:15 CET 2009

On Sunday 13 December 2009, Adam wrote:
> hi..
> i've done one of the junior jobs
> (http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Junior_Jobs#Krita) for krita.
> it's working now, but i don't know how to submit the solution. here is the
> bugtracker entry: http://bugs.kde.org/159045
> it's the first time, i code for an opensource project, so i've no idea,
> how things are organized, where to post the patch, which format and how to
> generate it..
> can anybody help?
>
> adam

Wonderful! If you do

'svn diff > 159045.patch'

in the koffice source directory, you will get a file that contains just your
changes. You can mail that to this mailing list. We will look at it, we might
have a couple of remarks and things that might have to be changed (but we'll
be really nice about it), and then we'll decide it can go in, and I will make
sure it goes into trunk. And your name goes into the About Box -- eternal
fame!

Then, if you've fixed something else, we'll do it the same way. If the second
contribution goes in smoothly as well, and you intend to go on working on
Krita, I'm going to help you get a KDE svn account, and we'll be really glad
with another contributor :-).

It's a lot of fun if you read this mailing list, participate in discussions,
join us on irc, #krita on irc.freenode.net or post in forums on
forums.kde.org, as well.