2.2 Release plan

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Dec 1 13:40:21 CET 2009

On a side note, about Qt/KDE dependencies. We had a lot of discussion in the
past on the subject, but no real conclusion. What is sure is that Krita 2.2
will require Qt 4.6 (and therefor KDE 4.4), the reason is that 4.6 brings
important fix to tablet support. Since there is no real reason to impose that
dependency on other applications (unless other applications want to), that
requirement would apply only to Krita. As for the deadline, I suggest to wait
after the 4.4 release, and to wait for Krita developers to have available
upgrades from their distributions.

--
Cyrille Berger