Filter's changeRect() and merging problems

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 24 12:55:38 CEST 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> I think, it should be somewhat "down-top" approach (in comparison with
> our current "top-down" way). And everything should be based on a
> recursion. That is just an idea. Don't know whether it's feasable.

You can check the bottom-up strategy in svn -- I removed it some time ago,
so you might have to dig through history or get it from a branch. But basically,
what that did was getting rid bookkeeping per layer: the bookkeeping gave
endless tread errors, so I tried to implement a stateless approach. I haven't really
followed anything in the past two weeks, so I don't know the context much, though.

And I haven't got a clue about what changed in the past two weeks :)

Boudewijn