My ideas about GSOC Tiles project

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:16:24 CEST 2009

> > An issue with "m_projection requests _changed_ tiles" could be done with
> > tile-versioning. Every tile could have a revision that was used by
> KisImage
> > to keep the projection up-to-date. But it's quite difficult to implement
> > and we have to think over it properly.
> Hm... Yes, that sounds pretty complicated.

It could use Qt-signals, maybe. Are they queued? Well, i'll think it over at
my leisure =)

> > I think it's not the worst problem. By the way where this paint device
> > moving used?
> Whenever you move a layer using the move tool.

Now i see.
There is an potential for future expansion: moving paint device across tiles
in background...

> > So to say, can two KisPaintLayers be merged tile by tile?
> Yes, provided the origin is the same.

Sounds  promisingly :)

Well, i submitted my proposal last Sunday.
http://socghop.appspot.com/student_proposal/show/google/gsoc2009/dmitryk/t123835355302

I think it's quite detailed. Did i forget something?

--
Dmitry Kazakov