krita random_generator failure

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 1 18:06:12 CEST 2009

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Since producing the same number twice in a row is no less random than
>> any other number,
> True, the test can be made to check it doesn't happen much. If it only
> happen once or twice out of a million, then it should be ok.

Yes, that's probably better. Oddly enough it seems to happen on every
seed I've tried (not many, admittedly) :-(, but not in the same place.

With seed==10000 I see 7 occurrences (with both current svn and your
previous variation; I think in the same spots, even, so it seems my
latest change didn't have an effect either way on this).

Hmm... I have an idea that might help, will get back to you.

--
Matthew
"Lost a planet, Obi Wan has? How embarrassing..."