generator layer notes online, comments welcome

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 20 22:51:02 CEST 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 20 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> I've uploaded the notes I've been keeping to
>> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Generator_Layers (along
>> with writing them out much more fully). Comments welcome. Also please
>> let me know if I've got something that's blatantly messed up ;-).
>
> Good and clear text!

Thank you! :-)

I still need to write about color mapping for flames some time. In a
nutshell... it's hard. I would *really* like to be able to change the
palette without having to re-render the flame, but I'm not sure if
that's possible.

>>  From talking to CyrilleB, I think I'd like to see Perlin brought back
>> purely as a generator. It sounds like in 1.6 it doesn't do anything that
>> can't be done by a generator, and hopefully we have a way to
>> automatically convert a 1.6 filter layer to a generator layer that will
>> produce the same result (or did 1.6 not have filter layers?).
>
> 1.6 did have filter layers -- and it shouldn't be too hard to write a
> converter. But that'll have to wait.

Naturally; until there's a Perlin (filter /or/ generator), it's a moot
point :-). I was just wondering if it's even an issue, and if it seems
solvable (both answers seem to be "yes" from what you said). Thanks.

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.