Wanted: channel remapping with implicit colorspace conversion

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 18 22:13:24 CEST 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Right. To clarify, I meant that we'd either keep the existing dialog and
>> use it as a "wizard" to create additional filters doing the same
>> operations that are currently "baked", or else we would indeed only
>> create debayer + wb. Either would be OK with me, though I lean a bit
>> toward "wizard" mode.
>
> <rant>
> Considering how much I dislike that dialog, and how much I am unhappy about
> all the breakage in libkdcraw "stable" version. I had rather send the dialog
> and the library to the trash :)
> </rant>

Hehe, no objections here, I'm not wedded to it either (in fact, I only
ever saw it once, yesterday).

> Well I think what would be cool is have such wizards as a script so that would
> apply to all kind of images and not just raw files.

Sounds fine to me :-).

>> Ok, I guess libkdcraw needs work then :-). (Ah... *dcraw* can provide
>> the raw, pre-bayer data, right?
> Nope.
>
>> And libkdcraw is a dcraw wrapper, yes?)
> The good thing is that libkdcraw is using libraw now, and libraw can do it. I
> am seriously considering moving to libraw for 2.1.

Ahh... so, what's the relation (if any) between dcraw and libraw? Does
dcraw use libraw, or are they forks, or independent projects, or...?

Anyway, yeah, if libkdcraw is being a pain, don't let me stop you from
yanking it ;-).

--
Matthew
ENOCOFFEE: operator suffering from lack of sleep and/or early-morning-itis