Wanted: channel remapping with implicit colorspace conversion

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 17 22:58:27 CEST 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Ok. I can't look until tonight, but methinks compressed might be the
>> problem (wouldn't be surprising). Would it be useful for me to provide
>> some sample .nef's? I can get you both 12- and 14-bit, with both lossy
>> and lossless compression. (I only use 14-bit lossless, but someone else
>> might want others of the above to work, and if you don't have them yet...)
>
> There isn't much I can do. If there is a buffer problem it happens before it
> reaches krita, in libkdcraw. Therefor, if you notice the bug you would have
> to report to libkdcraw.

At the moment, I don't *know* what the problem is (or even if there
currently is one). It may be the same problem as what rawstudio has, it
may not be. It may be working fine at the moment.

rawstudio works fine with a trivial work-around; in theory, if krita has
the same problem, the same "fix" should be applicable (if we would want
to use it to work around an upstream bug).

Meanwhile, I should probably still ask: would you find it useful to have
additional test .nef's with different encodings? (Or is that from
dcraw?) Even if there is no krita bug, I imagine that supplementing the
collection of test formats wouldn't hurt.

--
Matthew
Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice how