incremental/non incremental painting

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Oct 18 10:04:13 CEST 2008

I've moved the option for choosing between incremental and non-incremental
painting to the paintop options -- which means that paintops that don't work
with this distinction can indicate so. The refactoring is not complete: I'm
beginning to believe that painting mode should be another plugin category
(since there are more fun things possible than just buildup and wash (which
are the new user-visibile names for these modes), for instance fringed edges
(the photoshop watercolor mode) or fractal edges -- but that's for after 2.0.
Plus, this option right now only works when painting on layers, not on masks.

The KisPaintopSettings::paintIncremental() function returns true by default,
which means that by default paintops will paint directly on the layer's paint
device; if you want your paintop to offer a choice, add the
libpaintop/kis_paint_action_type_option.h option to your paintop option
widget. See the way it's done in the brushop.