beginners question about printing

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 15 18:17:09 CEST 2008

david wrote:
> I've opened a tif image 2439 * 1319 pixels and I'm trying to print it on an
> epson stylus photo r2400
>
> I can't work out how to reduce the size of the image to print on A4. No matter
> how I print, it comes out cropped/full size. There is a driver option to reduce
> to fit but it seems not to do anything.
>
> Any suggestions?

Save it in a format <OOo writer/KWord/your favorite page layout
software> understands, and use that? That's what I always do when I need
to control the size something prints at, and I don't trust <favorite
graphics program> to Do The Right Thing.

I've been known to do this sort of thing with Inkscape, also; Inkscape
unfortunately also is unable to set the size, or rather, it doesn't
allow you to change DPI, so if you want to design something as a certain
pixel size, that forces you, as far as Inkscape, into a certain
"physical" size as well. From Casper's reply, I'm assuming Krita 1.x has
a similar problem.

--
Matthew
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. -- Ford Prefect (Douglas