krita user question

Elián Hanisch lambdae2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 02:13:01 CET 2008

> Hi, I'm new here. As I understand it, there's still no krita user
> community forums/wiki? Since that's the case, I'll post my questions
> here.
>
> I use:
>  kubuntu 8.10
>  krita 1.6.3
>  a Wacom Bamboo Fun
Hi, I'm a Krita user too, and we actually have the same tablet :)

> 1. Is there a way for the wacom tablet's eraser to remember its own
> pixel eraser size? I like the eraser to have a big size like 8, and the
> pixel brush to be small like 2.
> 2. My wacom tablet has buttons and a sort of wheel that can be used to
> zoom in/out the picture. The only problem is its too sensitive! A slight
> touch to the wheel suddenly zooms to 400%! Is there a way to set this
> differently?
Same problem, but I believe is a wacom driver issue, the wheel is very jerky
with any app I use except on Windows :/

> 3. Is there a way to configure what the tablet's buttons do for krita?
> The "Configure Shortcuts" doesn't acknowledge button presses from the
> wacom tablet. I'd like one of them to be assigned to the pan toggle
> button. Others perhaps to increase/decrease the pixel brush size.
you can bind the tablet buttons to keyboard keys with the xsetwacom command
and use existing shortcuts with the tablet, it isn't the best solution but is
better than nothing, so you can run in the konsole..

xsetwacom set pad button1 "core key ctrl z"
xsetwacom set pad button2 "core key shift ctrl z"

for use the undo functions with the tablet, or

xsetwacom set pad button3 "core key b"
xsetwacom set pad button4 "core key p"

for fast switch between the brush and the color picker
those are just the binds I use, you can set them to other keys, I also have

xsetwacom set stylus button3 "core key space"

for pan around by just using the stylus, you need to put those commands in a
bash script, and put the script in your ~/.kde/Autostart folder because on
the next boot it will be forgotten.

cya
 ~ m4v