koffice/krita/image

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Nov 2 09:34:31 CET 2008

On Sunday 02 November 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> SVN commit 878878 by berger:
>
> let the image receive signals even when locked (this fix the redisplay of
> the image after a color space change)
>
> not sure why this was done that way in the first place (the revision where
> it was introduced  684996 speak of compilation / doc changes and it is
> neither...), so if anyone knows ?

I think it was probably because at some point the redisplay code went mad when
doing colorspace changes, trying to update while layers were still being
converted. In general, the idea is/was to only update the projection once all
affected layers (for an update chunk) are done. But given that we've got new
redisplay code anyway, I probably need to take another long hard look at this
after 2.0. For now, if it fixes things and doesn't break any, it's ok.