Fwd: hello I would like to subscribe

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sat Nov 1 20:06:47 CET 2008

Forwarding, since I accidentally pressed 'Discard' in the mailing list
administration interface (force of habit caused by the usual spam it
receives ;-)).

Hi, I'm flacvest from amot.wordpress.com and I've recently met Krita,
digiKam, and of course KDE, over on Gentoo Linux amd64...

I would like to become better acquainted with the application, developers,
and userbase of these applications, so I thought I'd say hello.

My site is sort of an online notebook, recipes of things I don't want to
lose to a hard drive crash, change in residence, etc. amot is also a place I
can be creative with my verbage.

I'm also creative photographically, having experience with the Darkroom
since 1994 and now some experience with the "Lightroom" as they call it.

My system is named .:{whimsy}:. (version 2.0, unfortunately, but hey, long
live version 2.0!) it sports some nice hardware the best of which is a
terabyte hdd, amd dualcore and whopping 8GB of RAM (and swap) to play with,
version 2.0 has a revamped system disk after I messed things up with GParted
(who hasn't done that at least once) and now sports more /var and /tmp space
to make KDE happy.

.:{whimsy}:. was designed for Audio pleasure and as a Photo processing
workhorse. and seems to be doing very well.

I use to use GIMP until I switched to higher bit depth images with some
actual shadow detail, and scans of my works and collages which are 16-bit
tiff. So I'v found Krita, then digiKam, and I use LightZone from LightCrafts
to reimagine my scene as well. Since I don't know how to use Krita very well
yet, and I still have to use a mouse because I am still budgeting for the
graphics tablet, I'm mostly doing simple edits and dustbusting of artifacts
in Krita. darn those dust particles!

I WOUD really like to know more, especially the drawing stuff, since it
would add some nice compositing to my photographic works. I know I'm
oversimplifying, but I really like what I've seen so far with Krita, and I
wish the community the best!

-Leo

Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser
http://flock.com