Krita 2.0 and the freehand drawing tool

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 15:50:18 CEST 2008

I've just installed the alpha version of KOffice 2.0 (it turns out
I don't even have to install Kde 4 first!)

Krita 2.0 seem to be shaping up nicely (although it is still rather
on the unstable side, in particular with the dockers), but there
are already a number of promising features.

In particular, my compliments for whoever coded the freehand
drawing tool! That tool is Incredibly smooth and pleasant to use.

Could it also be implemented as back-end for raster guided
painting? Like with the path tool, the full stroke will only be
rendered once the full path is drawn, but the freehand approach
may be more intuitive for many while also allowing incredibly
smooth lines.

Eventually I hope to see this tool combined with a "Set to stroke
length" feature that will only be available with this and the path
tool. It basically calculates the total length of the stroke, and
maps a fade effect onto the exact length (size fade for example),
so you don't have to adjust the length parameter every time.