Status on generator layers? (boud?)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 29 01:10:57 CET 2008

A while back I talked about adding "generator layers", i.e. layers where
the image data is procedurally generated, like a filter layer except
that they do not need to use the layer below as input. I wanted to do
this so that we could have e.g. solid-color layers, gradient layers,
various "noise" layers, etc. Boudewijn had said this should be easy, but
I haven't heard anything for some time.

What's the status? I was hoping for a reference implementation I could
look at to start doing a plasma generator-layer.

--
Matthew
Do you know where your towel is?