Summer of Code

Valerie valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 10:31:42 CET 2008

> actually if i get Google Summer Of Code, i will work on this. I wil
> implement sumi-e brushes (Chinase calligraphy brush) as my project.

As Boud explained, the calligraphy tool is different. Mostly, I'm
hoping to get those tool options such as wiggle and tremor. They're
interesting for obtaining various effects. Also, in Krita, the
output would hopefully be raster, so I won't have to deal with a
whole lot of slowdown as soon as the number of strokes starts to
increase...

That said:

> And, in 2.0, we've got smoothing code similar to inkscape's for
> the freehand too, too -- that works for all paintops.

Yay!