summer of code

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 29 11:45:39 CET 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> There is two layers to my brush engine. A framework that can be use to
> implement any brush engine. And there is currently only one engine which
> offers the option offered by photoshop.

Isn't there anything a gsoc student could do? Like actual compatibility with
Photoshop brushes, loading and saving -- and a dialog to define the brush
parameters, finishing the engine so it actually gives exactly the same
results.

Of course, now that the dynamic brush engine isn't developed in Krita anymore,
it's going to be difficult to get a KOffice-gsoc slot for finishing and
expanding the dynamic brush engine, and if the dynamic brush engine isn't
really a maintained part of Krita, then there may well be room for a
dedicated photoshop compatible brush engine.