summer of code

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 28 23:44:12 CET 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Heh, except I'd have to learn at least as much Krita guts as the student
>> ;-).
>
> But that's good! Shared pain is but half the pain or something like that. And
> it's not as if there isn't back-up.

Hmm, well, I'll have to think about it. First I need to... um...
<mumble>actually check out and build koffice</mumble> ;-).

(I did just go find 11G of hard drive space I could reclaim in
preparation for that, however... KDE is eating up a pretty substantial
chunk of space on my disk :-).)

>> Otherwise I'd like to, but I'm not sure I'd find the time. (Hmm,
>> well, I like the sumi-e project though.)
>
> And you're a student? Then please apply :-).

Alas, no, but GSoC sometimes makes me wish I still was ;-).

>> Actually, PSD import (if you mean to include PS7 support*) probably gets
>> my strongest vote; I am in serious need of a PSD7 import plugin for
>> something (the GIMP and Painter plugins are insufficient) to try to
>> recover a corrupt document I have (one layer is toast, as a result PS
>> won't load any of it, and everything else non-proprietary I've tried
>> loses too much information). Does someone have access to PS7 or later?
>
> I have a copy of PS7 running under wine. Anything later, no.

That's fine, PS7 is all I, er, "have access to ;-)" as well, and is the
format my "lost" file is in. (Let me know if something later would be
beneficial, I might actually consider buying a copy if it will help the
cause... /maybe/. Of course, I'm hoping that in not so terribly long,
Krita 2.x will be good enough that I won't be interested in either PS or
Painter :-).)

--
Matthew
Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny that reading it will cause an