summer of code

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 28 22:15:43 CET 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It's time to generate new summer of code ideas for Krita so we can
>>> hopefully attract a couple of new developers. I've made a start:
>>>
>>> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Idea
>>> s#Krita
>> By "start", do you mean you added a header, or am I missing something? I
>> don't see anything listed under Krita.
>
> I think you're missing something, because when I sent the mail I had already
> added a couple things, and now there are even more.

Ok, now I see stuff. Maybe I was looking at the page as downloaded a few
days ago :-).

>>> Please don't hesitate to add more ideas!
>> Hmm... my pet project? :-)
>
> Sure! Please phrase the project in a clear way and be prepared to mentor it!

Heh, except I'd have to learn at least as much Krita guts as the student
;-). Otherwise I'd like to, but I'm not sure I'd find the time. (Hmm,
well, I like the sumi-e project though.)

Which reminds me of something, but time to start a new thread methinks.

Actually, PSD import (if you mean to include PS7 support*) probably gets
my strongest vote; I am in serious need of a PSD7 import plugin for
something (the GIMP and Painter plugins are insufficient) to try to
recover a corrupt document I have (one layer is toast, as a result PS
won't load any of it, and everything else non-proprietary I've tried
loses too much information). Does someone have access to PS7 or later?

(* which, "coincidentally", would benefit muchly from generator layers ;-).)

--
Matthew
Somewhere, there is a .sig so funny that reading it will cause an