summer of code

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Feb 28 17:38:35 CET 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> > > This isn't about developing a script to run in Krita, but about making
> > > it possible to develop an application in Python that uses the krita
> > > libraries.
> >
> > And Kross also offers that. The only drawback is that currently you have
> > to run your application with /usr/bin/kross instead of /usr/bin/python
> > but Sebastian was working on fixing that issue.
>
> Ah, I didn't know that -- do we haven an example somewhere?
The only example I have is in ruby, it's my 'flow chart' base editor. Maybe
Sebastian has one.

> And are enough
> classes exposed to make it possible to implement something like MyPaint or
> Gogh with the krita libraries?
Dunno the requirement. But you can do full painting, what is a little bit
lacking is paintop options (and filters options is no very well managed in
kross either). But if there aren't enough classes or missing features, they
should be added to the kross binding.

--
Cyrille Berger