noise generators (forked from: Krita user community?)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 23 05:17:36 CET 2008

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> My next goal after implementing the multi-pass fill algorithm is to

My next goal is to finish sentences before sending e-mail ;-). As I was
saying (I think), my next goal is to figure out how to incorporate
different types of jitter algorithms into a reasonable UI, so that the
KDE version can produce the fractal-looking plasmas that the VB version
does. Except...

> The VB version (apparently) does something quite different that more
> closely resembles an output filter (or the aforementioned "stucco"
> algorithm) or a low-amplitude phase pass, and looks much more
> "fractal".

...I looked at the code; in fact, the KDE version is indeed
multi-octave, and the VB version is indeed "phase-based" (i.e. each
successive node is a random-weighted average of the input nodes). So
this turned out to be fairly easy, and is now implemented. No new
pictures, though... too late at night :-).

--
Matthew
People say I'm going insane. I say, "what do you mean, 'going'?".