Krita user community?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Feb 22 23:46:08 CET 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Personnaly, I am not
> > convinced that such things fits in a linear/tree layer stacks, I do think
> > that a more "advanced" flowchart-like editor would be more adaptet to
> > such "links" in the workflow (unfortunately I haven't been able to make
> > much progress on that area :( ).
>
> I've been thinking on that, too -- perhaps when Kivio is up and running
> again, I'll try to re-use that. On the other hand, this kind of thing goes
> way beyond what artists want and deeply into the realm of the kind of
> people who try to embed a lisp clone into anything -- i.e, hackers.
Oh but I do have running code, the only problem is that is written in Qt/Ruby
and it crashes on 32bits machine, but it works pretty well on 64bits (and
having QtWidgets on Canvas was something I wanted to have to make the UI even
more better).

As for the hackers vs artits debat, I am not sure you are correct, more and
more artists seems to be using the "node" editor of blender, which is very
similar to that.

--
Cyrille Berger