Flipping Layer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 3 19:45:53 CET 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi I want to ask you about flipping in Krita 2.
>
> Is it bug or it is intended behaviour:
> 1. I used default white image 640x480
> 2. Edit -> Clear
> 3. Put small circle in the upper left corner
> 4. Layer -> Flip X
>
> Now only the circle is flipped. Not the whole image.
> The layer size is just that small circle you draw in step 3?
> Is it not the whole image you see after  clear?

That's probably a side-effect of us moving the reference to the image out of
the paint device -- right now, your layer may seem as big as the image, but
it's just the size of that circle. It's probably easy to fix, but it needs to
be fixed the right way -- i.e., not by making paint devices have a reference
to the owner image.