stuckness :-(

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Sep 29 13:34:54 CEST 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > But I'm stuck; even with the "normal" path (caching, blitz < 1.0, sample
> > 1.0-2.0, qpainter scaling > 2.0), I get artefacts and the canvas thinks
> > the image is bigger than it really is.
> >
> > I don't want to commit, since it breaks Krita horribly, but I would
> > appreciate any help! So here's the patch, if the mailing list lets it
> > through...
>
> Here is what I see : when zooming out I have no problem, I haven't seen any
> problem when drawing, but when zooming in, only the top left quarter of the
> image is displayed, but when painting on the new area it works for a while
> and then crash.
>
> Is that what you have also ? Or is there an other problem ?

I have different problems -- when I use the pixel-for-pixel mode,
when I scale down, to < 100%, everything works. But when I scale up, there are
certain transitions, like from 42% to 50% where small bands of distortion
appear. (see attached screenshot). This doesn't happen when I run the
unittest on lena :-(. Then, when going beyond 100%, I get checks on the
right, that show that the docsize somehow is set to be bigger than than the
scaled image. See the other attachment.

> I tried on XRender accelerated hardware and it was very slow, but maybe all
> the piece aren't yet together or the debug information are the cause.

Debug eats a bit, but on Xrender hardware it should be pretty fast. It's even
fast on my desktop machine, which is a really slow beast with a really stupid
video card. So that needs investigation.