New color conversion system

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 20 11:48:23 CEST 2007

> I'm not sure what heuristics the kofilterchain code actually uses. Shortest
> path sounds likely, though.
Probably.

> > And we had need to understand lcms code :/ (understanding the API is
> > allready quiet a big job for my little brain)
>
> Your brain is pretty big! But the big issue, afaik is not even lcms itself,
> it's the icc profile limitation. You once linked to a paper on the issue
> (or was that Kai-Uwe) from 2006 with a proposal for adding float precision
> to icc profiles. I never heard whether anything happened -- and then ctl
> got released with that stupid license.

That's not what I mean by not understanding the API ;) but you are refering to
an addition to ICC spec [1].

> > How short are we ? We still have three monthes of alpha on the planning.
> > And I had say that finishing pigment is a top priority for 2.0.
>
> That's true -- if you think that it'll be doable in, say, two months, why
> not do it the right way. Maybe it's just my own nervousness, caused by
> having run KDE4 for an hour...
that long ? The big problem is that plasma is not in shape, and don't have a
default configuration (at least that's how I explain the gap between the
screenshots on the blog of some of its developers, and what I get when I
launch a KDE4 session).

[1] http://www.color.org/ICCSpecRevision_02_11_06_Float.pdf.
--
Cyrille Berger