New color conversion system

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 20 11:38:27 CEST 2007

> Speaking of Cinepaint: are there ant plans to take its awesome
> Bracketing-To-HDR plug-in and make it part of Krita
> (http://freenet-homepage.de/hsbosny/HDR_Tutorial/HDR_Tutorial-en.html)?
Not plan. Action allready done ;) It's based on [1]. Which means it's a
step-by-step optimization process and is much slower than what it is on
cinepaint, which is I think based on a variation of [2] (I might be wrong).
But I have found the results with [1] to look better than with cinepaint.
What I am thinking is to use a similar method as in cinepaint to get a first
estimate of the curve, and then apply the optimization process.

[1] http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/pfs.html
[2] http://www.debevec.org/Research/HDR/debevec-siggraph97.pdf
--
Cyrille Berger