Changing the colorspace of a layer/paintdevice

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Sep 17 12:01:56 CEST 2007

Hi

I have started to define the framework for tonemapping operators in Krita. And
I have hit a little problem. Baically tonemapping is a way for converting
from a colorspace (an HDR one) to an other one (a LDR one). The problem I
have is that I have to change the colorspace of the paint device. Currently
the only way to do that is to call KisPaintDevice::convertTo. But that would
make unneccesserary computation.

So I see two option:
 - add a setColorSpace function to KisPaintDevice, which would clear the
content of the paint device
 - or allow the possibility to change the paint device of a KisLayer

What do you think ?

--
Cyrille Berger