Open as Layer / speed of copy-paste

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 16:07:40 CEST 2007

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Warren Baird wrote:
>
> krita will, until the gimp is geglified, always be a bit slower than the gimp
> because we cannot hardcode for four one-byte channels. But we're working on
> optmizations, yes.

well...   To give a concrete example, on my Dell D410 laptop (Pentium M
1.7ghz with 1gb of ram) on the gimp it was less than a second to copy an
8mp images from one window and paste it as a layer in another...   As
fast as I could alt-tab between the windows and press control-v, the
image appeared immediately. In Krita it took about 25 seconds to copy
the image, and another 5 seconds to paste it again.   I characterize
that as a more than 'a bit slower'...  :-)

On a slightly related note --- I'm getting my first dual core cpu on
Monday  (a macbook pro) - is Krita threaded in any way - will it take
advantage of both cores?