Thoughts on Krita website presentation

Valerie VK valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 11:08:17 CEST 2007

I agree that a separate website from KOffice is not needed, however, at
the very least, it should be a separate page with only an "up" link to
KOffice, not direct links to every KOffice application cluttering the left
bar.

I speak from the point of view of someone who's only recently come across
Krita. I'm only interested in Krita, not the rest of KOffice.

When I look at the left menu, I just want to find Krita sub-links. Instead
I have to scroll down, only to find an incomplete list of links (at least,
not anything as well-organized as Inkscape. There isn't even a menu link
to the mailing list!)

Recently, I came around to see what else is up with Krita. Having
forgotten about the rest of the website, I see "latest releases," and
happily click thinking I'd get information on the latest -Krita- releases.
Instead, I got general KOffice information.

It's just not very intuitive.

If the entire KOffice website is redesigned, I'd suggest a parent KOffice
page, and a menu towards specific applications. The pages for specific
applications would each be presented in a more comprehensive manner, with
just an link back to the parent back, not extra links to every other
application.

> If they know of krita, our page is the first one to show in all major

The thing is... I only knew of Krita because Boudewijin once explicitly
mentioned its paint functions on the Gimp mailing list, so it got me
interested.

If I hadn't heard the description from him first, and if I had come across
the website (by luck or otherwise), I'd have turned back the moment I saw
it because the description isn't very telling, and because it seems to be
just some sub-application, not something that could very well be a
stand-alone program.

In fact, the first few times I saw the website description, I Did scratch
my head and wonder if this is really it. XD

If you do find a new webmaster, I could always try to help out on the
design, for both KOffice and Krita. I guess that's the only thing I can do
for now.

PS: If in the archive this reply doesn't follow the appropriate thread,
can someone tell me how you're supposed to reply correctly? I'm using
digest mode.