Noob question: Building krita 2.0?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Sep 7 09:00:16 CEST 2007

> > Is there a way to get krita 2.0 going that doesn't involve a whole lot
> > of manual configuration?   I'm afraid I don't have tonnes of spare time
> > - I was kinda hoping it'd be something like "apt-get install <magic>"
> > "tar tvjf krita-snapshot..."  "cmake krita..."    but I'm starting to
> > think it may be a lot more painful than that...
>
> Yes, it's quite painful at the moment -- it probably is possible to install
> the beta2 packages + devel packages & download the source for the KOffice
> 2.0 alpha that was released with KDE 4.0 beta2. But you'll be the first who
> tries to do development that way, which may be kinda painful, too.
It will only work for one or two weeks. I am affraid that until a not changing
version of kdelibs is released in late october, the only way to do serious
development for Krita is to follow instructions on the wiki:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

As for developing algorithms (tools or filters), I suggest to do it inside
krita-plugins :
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/Developing_plugins

--
Cyrille Berger