are selections part of kispaintdevice or aren't they?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Oct 22 23:08:38 CEST 2007

On Saturday 06 October 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Saturday 06 October 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Yes, I agree here too.
>
> Great. So I think we should organize a fest-day (or afternoon) to do this
> together (all person who wants to help are welcome of course :) ) and also
> porting the remaining filters.

Okay! Tentatively scheduled for Wednesday. The idea is to

a) rip out KisSelection from KisPaintDevice
b) add KisSelection as a parameter to the createXXXIterator methods and use it
there
c) whereever a selection is set on the paint device of a layer, now add a
KisSelectionMask object to the layer (we need a convenience function for
this, I think)
d) wherever a selection is retrieved from the paint device of a layer, get it
from the layer's child nodes with KisSelectionMaskSP
KisLayer::selectionMask() const.

There are probably more things...