colour mixing pallet idea (Re: Getting about)

david powell achiestdragon at whipy.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 13:27:46 CEST 2007

On Saturday 06 October 2007 10:06 am, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 05 October 2007, david powell wrote:
> > anyway thoughts ,, i know it needs a bit of thinking on and needs the
> > interface refining but i think it could be a kool feature for krita 2
>
> We're working on that :-) Actually got most of the functionality done, it's
> user interface that's lagging (as usual).
kool

im having a think about how that may be implimented
can do some mock up ideas in qt4 designer well maybe when i get it to run
without crashing , that it did yet again
think i realy need to install krita2 to get a better idea
of what its looking like

i have got a good method  in mind atm that will provide
a good way to mix colours and also provide some other  usefull functions
at the same time

i don't think it will be too hard to implement
well i think most of the functions needed are already there

also hope im not standing on anyones toes here

for the colour mixer is to make a small graphics window
about say 200 * 200 pixles  with scroll bars , that is set to link to an image
layer of say 800*800 that is not in anyway related to the main editing layers

this can be used as a scratch pad aria and colour mixing sheet

basicaly use the scratchpad to say paint a couple of brush strokes
select a different colour , and paint a couple more ( that partialy overlap
the first )  by offering 3 buttons below the window
one for local undo and another for pick colour and another for fix /not fixed
toggle
although i would suggest it needs  a clear / new  and  load /save functions
for it also

the pick colour should pick the colour under the next mouse click regardles of
where it is  eather in the scratchpad area or the main drawing area

it needs 2 modes of operation ,, firstly to act as a mixing pallet for colours
and second as a test area so you can say play around with the brush controls
untill you get what you want without having to keep undoing each stroke

but it solves the problem of needing a colour history , and would allow users
a easy way to create custom pallets of there own without having to do
anything mutch diferent to if they where working with paints

now heres the realy outstanding bit the fix button

when you paint a stroke in the scratchpad area that  is not "fixed"
while it is not fixed  changing the settings ie opacity , presure , brush
shape, mode, etc   will update the last stroke so you dont have to keep
modifying the settings , testing , modify , test  etc ,,  as it will update
the last stroke to reflect what it would be like if drawn with that in the
first instance

i also hope this makes sence , if not say so in i will try to explain it in a
way that hopefully will

Dave

--
my personal website