Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Nov 15 19:35:36 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Did you ever take a look at the way Inkscape smoothes the strokes as
> someone suggested some time ago? Not that I'm complaining -- the present
> implementation works quite nicely for mouse usage.

No the main reason is that inkscape smoothing is less "accurate", It allows a
far more greater distance between the "mouse" stroke and the actual stroke,
which is not a problem for a vector graphics application, but I felt it would
be a problem for a pixel application. I think a quick a fix for the artefact
I described would be to simply not smooth when the angle between two strokes
is too important, or have smoothing proportional to the angle.

--
Cyrille Berger