Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 16 17:02:11 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Valerie VK wrote:

> Very likely, something like this will require a huge reworking of
> Krita's internal architecture, and may also require intensive
> rethinking of Krita's interface (if for example, the notions of
> raster and vector truly get merged, how does that leave the tools?).

There are basically two possibilities: starting over again with a big
rewrite or writing this kind of stuff as a plugin in Krita, in the
shape of a special layer type, just like we implemented the vector
layer type. Even Satori (whose website is ample reason for their lack
of success, I guess) have transformed their app into a Photoshop plugin.

There are also some steps we could take to progressively achieve something
nearly but not quite what an app like Satori does: for instance, storing the
stroke data with their parameters in the undo/redo system instead of the
before/after pixels. Which is also something that's related to the action
recording feature Cyrille has started.

> Very likely, it can't be implemented before Krita 2.0, so maybe

Er no, indeed :-). We want to release a 2.0 in April, so there's only
about a month or two left for adding new stuff and finishing what we
started. And there's already plenty of new stuff in Krita that will
make, if we get it stable, quite a bit of a splash in the free software
graphics world.

Boudewijn