Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 16 08:14:03 CET 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> is that SGI wasn't doing much
> graphics stuff anymore. In 1995 the computers were not powerful enough
> to make such applications interesting (except on SGI workstations)
> Fancy effects like live-updates need faster computers and/or hardware
> acceleration.

Computers still aren't really fast enough :-(. Both gegl and krita have
performance problems. Nobody has yet been able to do a nice watercolor
simulation realtime at a resolution of more than 1024x1024, and most only
give 512x512, not even with gpu acceleration or with beowulf clusters. A
complicating issue is that screens are getting bigger, so we need to
calculate waymore display pixels.