QPainter (aka non-OpenGL) based canvas

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:26:14 CET 2007

On 11/10/07, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have commited two fixes today for the QPainter canvas. And now, we need to
> do testing on it. We have two kinds of tests to do :
>  * performance on all sort of hardware
>  * beauty , we need to ensure that for all level of zoom we use the best
> looking algorithm
>
> There are some option in Krita2's settings, it's Boudewijn the expert on
> them,
> but there is one you should remove it's in the performance tab,
> uncheck "Update whole canvas". On a side note, those options won't be
> shipped
> with the final release, but the goal is to use the next alpha to collect
> some
> user input, especially on the performance, a slow QPainter canvas is a
> showstopper. But first we must check that it works for developers :)

My impression is that the brush tool is slower than in 1.6, but that
could also be caused by debug output or something like that.

Another thing is the selection mask visualisation. Currently it's
drawn onto the unscaled cache, but the code path is never reached.
Also the mask wouldn't be drawn if nearest-neighbour is used.