KOffice Creativity Package name

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 16:31:01 CET 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007 16:07:56 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> That would probably
> result in some changes in how tarball(s) are released

I think its great if KOffice can be marketed directly to the artists and allow
them to ignore KWord if they just want to use an artistic application. I
fully agree that will have a positive effect.
To make sure this doesn't take away from the value a lot of people find with
KOffice as a whole, I feel we should keep on releasing one tarball for the
whole of KOffice. As we have done for years now.
Afterall, artists that this effort targets are typically not going to download
a tarball and compile anyway.  They want either deb/rpms or a simple
installer.

Very much like there is no need to release 10 tarballs because users want to
install Krita without having to install KWord.

> and on the website organisation as well.

I think it would be wonderful to have a krita.org / krita.com.  Or a
OpenArt.org with karbon & krita on it.  Lots of ideas come to mind, for sure.
Having those will not take away anything from the PR of KOffice we have been
doing for quite some time.

So, again, I love the idea, if you guys can pull it off, thats wonderful.  At
the same time it should not affect the current message KOffice sends out.
Just complement it.

Have fun on the IRC meeting :)
--
Thomas Zander