trouble with the scale bug

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 25 17:21:37 CEST 2007

Casper Boemann wrote:
> On Friday 25 May 2007 16:54, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Casper Boemann wrote:
>>> And as these transparent borders are mathmatically correct (eventhough
>>> for a plain rect picture not attractive) I feel that we should come up
>>> with something similar to what photosop does.
>> To ask a "dumb" question, /why/ are they "mathematically correct"? It
>> seems it should be possible to define the resize algorithm in a way that
>> avoids this problem...
>
> Well because the "new pixel" is sampled from the pixels it cover in the old
> image.

I am probably missing something because I'm not familiar with Krita's
resize algorithm, but I was thinking this should be 'fixable' by simply
defining the coordinate mapping in such a way that the edge 'new pixels'
never overlap past the outside of the edge 'old pixels'. So an edge
pixel does not "overlap" pixels that "didn't exist"...

--
Matthew
"Still the prettiest." -- Legolas