What coefficients does Krita use for YUV/YCbCr?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 23 22:37:29 CEST 2007

I don't know if anyone follows k-c-d, but I'm working on a color
blending function for kdelibs that will support HSY color space (like
HSL but with luma as in YUV/YCbCr color spaces). Alas, there are two
common sets of coefficients used to calculate Y:

601: Y' = 0.299  R' + 0.587  G' + 0.114  B'
709: Y' = 0.2126 R' + 0.7152 G' + 0.0722 B'

I figure this is probably the best place to ask; which would be better
to use in kdelibs (or should I offer /both/)? Which does Krita use?

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"