paint-brush visualisation

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed May 23 13:29:50 CEST 2007

Yesterday we had a conversation on IRC about brush visualizations for
painting.
I proposed the assertion that using the shape of the brush is useless
since we want to deform the brush while painting. The pen pressure and
the brush positions are therefor much more important.

I gave some explanation of how I thought things could look, but I know
that text is a bad way to convey visual ideas.
So this morning I spent a couple of hours whipping up a example that shows
what I mean.

See attached,
To try it; run qmake; make; ./brush
Its a tablet-only thing.  it won't do anything when using the mouse!

It was fun to create, and its fun to play with it; maybe its useful for
some further work :)
--
Thomas Zander