select all and deselect

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon May 21 23:03:16 CEST 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Anyway... To cut short a long mail: I'm not sure we've nailed the issue
> yet. I think I can agree on having having the no-selection==select all,
> both for image and layer, that's easiest to code and easy to use. I'm not
> sure how to visualize that for the gui, though. I'm also not sure what the
> default behaviour of tools should be.

Yes and thinking about it, selections appears in the layer box, right ? So I
hit select all, and suddently it disappear, wouldn't that be confusing ?
(andannoying if I want to start "painting" on it) Or should allways a
selection appears in the layer box ? (but that would cluter it, wouldn't
it ?)

--
Cyrille Berger